Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Experimenting with Manhattan Flower

 
Posted by Picasa
I wanted to try something different with the Manhattan Flower textured impressions die today. I used the pink pirouette ink to brayer the die and then embossed it on whisper white cardstock in my Big Shot. Then I cut the embossed flower out and attached it to the basic gray 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base. This is a fun technique to try with any embossing folder. Sorry the "Mr. & Mrs." is from a retired set. I thought this made a great wedding card.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734),
Ink: pink pirouette (111838), basic gray(109120), whisper white craft ink (101731)
Paper: whisper white (100730) and basic gray (108692) cardstock
Accessories: styled silver Hodgepodge Hardware ((111325), whisper white taffeta ribbon (109070)

7 comments:

Rose said...

This card is beautiful! I just ordered these. I love what you did with yours!

Rose

Vicki Burdick said...

Very cool!!! love it!

Jacquel said...

This is awesome...I LOVE it! tfs!!!

Lisa Reber said...

I have not ordered this textured die yet but I think it just moved to the top of the wish list. Not my usual style but this is so pretty! Love the grey & pink combo!

Monica Gale said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, i dont think is good for me watching all those blogs girls, I WANT the stuff you have LOL> M xxx

Rhonda Langley said...

Haven't tried this yet-so beautiful!

Unknown said...

i like what you did with the flower. brayer the die....very nice. it IS a great wedding card!